Our team is ready to hear from you
Western Growers Association
15525 Sand Canyon
Irvine, CA 92618
Send us a note
Please send your questions, comments, or general feedback using this form.
The 2023 Calendar
Western Growers supports the continuous improvement of the LGMA-approved leafy green food safety guidelines and facilitates a yearly systematic amendment process.
Starting in 2022, the “Priority Setting Committee,” established by the LGMAs, is responsible for assessing annual priorities. At the beginning of each year, the Priority-Setting Committee sets the topic(s) for the remainder of the year.
- CA LGMA Commodity Specific Food Safety Guidelines (Working Draft)
- AZ LGMA 2021 Current Guidelines (clean version)
- CA LGMA 2021 Current Guidelines (clean version)
View all current proposed changes and comments on the Submissions page.
LGMA Proposal Discussion:
August 8th, 2023 11:20-12:30 PST
Register Here to Join
Participate in the Process
If you are interested in proposing changes to the LGMA-approved metrics, follow these submission guidelines:
1. Download the Working Draft under Important Documents.
2. Use the Word function “Track Changes” to outline your revisions throughout the document. (If you are new to tracking changes, click here to review a guide.)
3. Use the Word function “New Comment” to provide details on how the proposed change will enhance food safety, along with the rationale behind the change.
To view an example of steps 2 and 3, click here. In this example, revisions are tracked within the document and a statement on how the proposed revision enhances food safety along with the rationale for the change are provided through the Word function “Comments” in the right-hand panel.
4. When you are ready to submit your document, click on “Propose a Change”.
Note: We are only accepting proposals that follow the above steps. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at WGScience@wga.com.